Click HERE for a downloaded version of this information and scholarship application.
Congratulations on your decision to attend a Jewish day camp this summer! You will have a summer to remember!
The Tallahassee Jewish Federation is pleased to provide a limited number of need-based grants to encourage youth to participate in residential Jewish summer camps and Israel programs.
In cooperation with area synagogues and other Jewish organizations, the Tallahassee Jewish Federation strives to help each family fund the maximum amount of tuition possible. We do this by encouraging the family to combine Federation grants with grants from other sources. However, no funding level can be guaranteed. Funding is need-based.
Awards will be made by the beginning of May 2017 to give participants time to secure additional funding if necessary.
- Applicants must be Jewish.
- Applicants must be year-round residents of Tallahassee or the Big Bend area.
- Applicant’s family must be a current member of Tallahassee Jewish Federation (TJF); i.e., a contribution to TJF must have been made within 12 months prior to the date of application.
- Scholarships will be awarded to children attending a recognized Jewish day camp.
- The scholarship is granted for one camp session per camper and is based on the cost of camp tuition.
- Submit a completed Application Form, postmarked no later than April 30, 2017, to: Tallahassee Jewish Federation, Attention: Day Camp Scholarship, P.O. Box 14825, Tallahassee, FL 32317
- Information submitted may be shared confidentially with other groups that offer Jewish camp scholarships for the purpose of scholarship distribution.
- The Tallahassee Jewish Federation will notify families of awards as soon as possible.
- Scholarship checks will be sent directly to the applicant’s camp on behalf of the camper.