Dear Potential Camp Shalom Staff Member:
Welcome to the summer of 2017! We’d love to have you with us this summer and are confident that you will do a wonderful job at camp. Camp Shalom will run for two weeks this summer. Week One will begin on Monday, June 5th and end on Friday, June 9th. Week Two will begin on Monday, June 12th and will end on Friday, June 16th.
The Staff Application is now available. You can either:
- Complete the online form, below; or
- Download the application — Click HERE for a printable version of the application. You may also click HERE for a printable version of our Staff Letter. After you fill it out you may either email it to Patti Brownstein OR mail it to: Camp Shalom c/o Patti Brownstein, 3354 Barrow Hill Trail, Tallahassee, FL 32312.Please be sure to indicate whether you want to work one or two weeks. Due to budgetary constraints and an increase in rent, ALL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WILL ONLY RECEIVE COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS AND WILL NOT BE PAID. Community service hours are required by most colleges and scholarship applicants. On your last day of camp, you will receive your community service hours certificate.
- Also, please make sure that you include your social security number, email address and cell phone number. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Patti Brownstein at 850-443-1696 or send her an email. Messages are also often sent out via Facebook, so if you haven’t already done so, please join the Camp Shalom counselor group.
- Staff Applications must be received by April 30th — the earlier they are received, the better! Completing this application does not guarantee you a position at camp this summer. You will receive an email by May 15th regarding your hiring status and receive your job assignment at the mandatory counselor training.
The mandatory counselor training will take place at Temple Israel on Sunday, May 21, 2017 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm for new counselors and 2:00pm to 3:30pm for new and returning counselors and staff. You are expected to come to this training, as it is MANDATORY! If you are unable to be at the training, you must let us know. Voluntary CPR and first aid training will take place on a later date.
We are looking forward to working with you this summer!
CAMP SHALOM ROCKS!
- Mimi Molina, Assistant Director
- Claire Sand, Assistant Director
- Meredith Nuttal, Program Director
- Patti Brownstein, Administrator
- Rhea Schwartz, Board Member
- Rhea Wilson, Board Member
- Amber Proctor, Board Member
Click HERE for a printable version of the application.